Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fahrenheit 451

For Christmas I brought my sister this cool little book.




Wreck this Journal by Kerri Smith is a book that challenges its owner to ruin the book. Each page has it's own instructions - "put sticky stuff on the page", "colour this page", "Infuse this page with the smell of your cooking", "rip up this page" and so on. Jess my lovely sister has been throwing herself into destroying her journal with relish. 


So when I returned to Auckland I shouldn't have been surprised to discover that this had been hidden in my wallet.



Hmmm. What could it be I wonder? 


Very clever my sister. However on the back of the page she had written this...



Oh Jess that's not really the point is it? Consider for a moment the last sentence on the page.


Accept the loss. I'm always happy to assist my sister as she strives for perfection. So I figured I would help her accept her loss.

For this exercise I will need a craft knife to do a little bit of cutting. 


Next I'll be needing my trusty blowtorch. 


So we have all our ingredients now it's time to do some cooking...




That came out nice don't you think? Finally I just need to package it up so I can return it to my sister.



There we go. Don't let anyone say I don't go the extra distance for my sister. 

3 comments:

  1. Ahaha that's hilarious! Ok, I am so following now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right in that case I'm going to follow you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I'll accept the loss - don't really have a choice now do I? I must say I love your path to destruction. I'm going to print these pictures off and glue them into my journal too. It really is the most fab fun:)

    ReplyDelete