Sunday, February 20, 2011

When Nick met John

So I was at the M2 awards on Thursday night. Easily the best night of my year so far. In amongst the food and booze and celebrities I was introduced to John Key the prime minister of NZ. He was voted by the M2 readers as the M2 man of the year.


Behind me is a huge picture of JK from the mag. As usual I couldn't help myself. I pointed out that on the front cover of the mag his tie is undone.


"It's a bit sloppy John. I don't know if I want someone running our country when they can't even dress themselves properly. "  

This was his reaction. 


Afterwards he said "my tie's done up now though". "Sorry John" I explained. "The damage has already been done." I guess I could've used this opportunity to discuss his stance on selling state assets but - to hell with it - I went for the gag. Because that's how we roll in the Wood of Kings. 

2 comments:

  1. Look at you. Doing the shmooze with the high and mighty. Good choice going for the gag - ALWAYS go for the gag - if it was good enough for Chaplain, it's good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick, I couldn't be more proud of you.

    ReplyDelete